Tuesday 24 June 2014

The Wedding Dance

Good afternoon all

My favourite time of the year is Summer, you can throw open your doors and windows and let the fresh air in.  That is of course, until you land up with a room full of flies.  That is all I seem to have done today, is chase flies out.  Hence, a quick trip to my local supermarket to buy a Bug Screen.  It was only £10, so I thought it wouldn't be that good, but OMG it is brilliant.  I can now sit back, relax and not have to worry about chasing flies.

In between fly chasing I have managed to do a little crafting.  This is not a card today, but a MDF heart.  The digital stamp is called Maddie & Jamie Waltz from Lacy Sunshine and I have coloured them using ProMarkers.


I have started with a MDF heart shape and painted it an off white using English Cottage Pantry White Acrylic Paint from Indigo Blu.  Once dried, I have randomly stamp a flourish around the edges with Perfect Medium and heat embossed using Heat It Up Gold Tinsel embossing powder.


Using the Tonic Heart Vines Base from the Affections Die Set, I have cut out the solid base from gold Centura Pearl card.  Next, I have cut out the pattern heart from white card backed with a double sided adhesive sheet and covered with Glamour Dust.  I have aged this by added ink using the Adirondack Earthtones Espresso ink pad.

The digital stamp has been cut out and layered onto this using Pinflair glue to give dimension.


The flowers have been made by stamping the Heartfelt Creations Christmas Poinsettia onto white vellum with Perfect Medium and again, heat embossing using the same embossing powder as the the background.  On the reverse of the vellum, I have used the same colour combo as the digital stamp to colour the petals.  These have then been cut out using the matching die, shaped, layered and a gemstone added to each centre.


To finish, I have added some gold organza ribbon to hang the heart up with.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Divas By Design - Three Or More Layers
Fusion Card Challenge - Photo Inspiration
Dies R Us Challenge - Weddings
Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog - Anything But A Card
Totally Gorjuss - Flower Power
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
Pile It On - Cute
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
The Crafting Cafe - Love And Marriage
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Die (The Heartfelt Creations Sun-Kissed Fleur die is my all time favourite die.  It comes with three different stamps and there is so many different flowers that can be made)
Digi Design Challenge Blog - Lots Of Layers
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Colour Me Happy
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog - Anything Goes + Option Use Swirls

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment