Thursday 17 July 2014

Summer Garden

Good evening all

Well the changes at work have started to kick in, found myself in the position of managing the whole of fresh yesterday due to no Managers being in.  Got to get used to it as this is the future of the store, but I have to say that I felt very lonely.

Anyway, there is a colleague at work who asked me to make a card for her son a few weeks ago.  She liked it that much that she keeps ordering from my now, not that I'm complaining.  This one is for her Sister's Birthday.


I have started with a square piece of patterned paper, which I picked up in Lidl, which is a cheap grocery store.  This is layered onto brown card stock, leaving a small border around the edges.

Next, I have taken two doilies, inked them using Adirondack Earthtones Espresso ink pad and placed them into opposite corners of the background.


From my computer, I have printed out the sentiment "Birthday Wishes Susan", again this has been inked and layered onto the same brown card.

The flowers have been made by stamping the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms onto white card stock with Perfect Medium.  This have then been heat embossed with Wow Opaque Bright White embossing powder and cut out using the matching die.

I have used three different inks to colour in the flowers, Memento Dew Drop Bahama Blue, Memento Dew Drop Angel Pink and Tim Holtz Distress Ink Picked Raspberry.

Each of the petals have been shaped and layered together to form three different size flowers and into the centre of each flower, I have added pearl beads.


Other elements that I have used are the Arianna Lace die set, Spellbinders D-Lites Corner Sprig, Memory Box Pippi Butterfly, two different hat pins and a pink pearl flourish.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Come And Get It Challenges - Colours Of Summer
Scrapbook Blessings Club - Anything Goes
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog - Anything Goes + Option Use Pearls
Craftin Desert Diva's  - It's Summer Time
The Sisterhood Of Crafters - Happy Birthday To You
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Paper Minutes - 3 Colours
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Feels Like Summer
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Challenges  - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Use A Sentiment
Wags 'n' Whiskers Stamps - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Summer Blooms
Milk Coffee Challenge - Birthdays
Stamp And Create - Birthdays
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Bingo (Doily, Pearls, Embossing)

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment