Thursday 28 August 2014

Christmas Joy

Good evening all

With the days starting to get shorter and the temperature dropping, it made me think of Christmas tonight, so I decided to make a Christmas card.


I have taken a square piece of white card stock and cut out an aperture.  I have then used the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Lace die set and cut out four of the largest shapes from white card.  These have been layered behind the aperture and then mounted onto blue card stock.  This forms the background of the card.


Next, I have printed off a Christmas sentiment from my computer and using the Spellbinders Captivating Squares die set, I have cut the sentiment out.  Colour has been added around the edge using the Memento Bahama Blue ink pad.


The two flowers have been made using the Heartfelt Creations Christmas Poinsettia set and die set.  I have stamped onto white vellum using Perfect Medium and heat embossed with Wow Opaque Bright White embossing powder.  These have then been cut out using the matching die.

The back of the petals have been coloured using the Memento ink pad and then each petal shaped and layered together.  Into the centre of each flower, I have added blue seed beads using Pinflair glue.


To finish the card, I have added a blue flat back pearl into each corner and mounted it onto white card with a pierced border.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

The Pink Elephant - Anything Goes
Hiding In My Craft Room - Anything Holiday
Sketch n Dies - Sketch
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Something Old / Something New (Old - Captivating Squares Die, New - Heartfelt Arianna Lace Die)
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog - Any Sentiment Other Than A Birthday
Let's Craft And Create - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment