Friday 16 May 2014

A Forest Of Trees

Good evening

I love it when summer arrives, it seems to give you more get up and go.  I have spent the day stripped beds, curtains and anything else that could go in the washing machine, spring cleaning has hit me at last.

Anyway, after all the hard work today, I have relaxed tonight by making a card.  This one is a side stepper card, I don't do shaped cards very often because I'm not very good at them, but hopefully I am improving with every one I make.


I have started by cutting out a side stepped card using my Cameo Silhouette and a cutting file for the Silhouette website.  Next, I have embossed it using the Die'sire Embossalicious Regency Swirls embossing folder and added soft colour using the Adirondack Earthtones Espresso ink pad.

From green Centura Pearl card stock, I have cut out some hill shapes and embossed using the same embossing folder.  These have been layered onto each step of the card base.


Using the Spellbinders D-Lites Delightful Tree die, I have cut out four from brown Centura Pearl card stock and layered them across the steps of the card.

I have then used the bird box from the same die set and cut out four from white card backed with a double sided adhesive sheet and covered with red glitter.  One of these has been glued to each of the trees.


Using the same method as the bird boxes, I have cut out a Happy Birthday sentiment using the Whimsy Stamps Birthday Sentimentables die set.

To finish the card, I have wrapped brown ribbon around the base and added a matching bow.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Jo's Scrap Shack - Shaped Cards
Totally Gorjuss - Don't Be Square
Hiding In My Craft Room - Super Scraps Saturday
Through The Purple Haze - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - No Designer Papers
Addicted To Stamps And More - Photo Inspiration
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes With Ribbon

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment