Friday 2 May 2014

April Showers

Good morning all

It's dark, grey and very rainy today, so a crafting morning is called for.  I'm off to work this afternoon until 9.30 tonight, so will not have any chance of crafting when I get home.

I have pick one of my favourite colours for today's card, Red and used this gorgeous image from Bugaboo Digi Stamps.


I have started by using my Cameo Silhouette and a free cutting file from Birds Cards to cut out a flower background from white card stock.  This has then been layered onto red shimmer card to create my main background for the card.

Next, I have again used my Cameo and a banner file which I purchased from the Cameo store.  Three banners have been cut from the red shimmer card and five have been cut from white card stock.

I have embossed two of the white banners with a cross pattern embossing folder and added tiny red gemstones.  The other three white banners have been embossed using a small flower embossing folder.  Soft colouring has been added to these three using the Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink pad.

I have then glued these banners onto the background at various lengths.


I have cut out circle from white card stock which has been backed with a double sided adhesive sheet.  To this circle I have added soft colour again using the same ink pad and then cover it in loose glitter.

The digital stamp has been coloured using ProMarkers, cut out and layered onto the glitter circle using Pinflair glue for dimension.


Using the Spellbinders D-Lites Blooms Three, I have cut out one large and one small petal from the red shimmer card.  The centre has been cut from white card covered in a double sided adhesive sheet and again covered in loose glitter.  These have then been shaped, layered together and a red gemstone added to the centre.


To finish the card, I have added Mum to the glitter circle using the Tattered Lace Family Sentiments die set.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Jo's Scrap Shack - I Love You Mum
Sketch Saturday - Sketch
My Time To Craft - April Showers
Hiding In My Craft Room - Mother's Day
Paper Makeup Stamps - For A Special Lady
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
Divas By Design - April Showers
My Sheri Crafts - In Celebration Of Mum
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Craftin Desert Diva's - Mother's Day
Sparkles Monthly Challenges - Favourite Colour Combo
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes
Craftitude - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment