Wednesday 28 May 2014

Mini Britain

Good afternoon all

What awful weather, it feels like summer is over and we are heading back into winter.  I was that cold this morning that I pulled my thermals back out of the draw.

A friend from work has asked me to make today's card, it for her son who is turning 21 next month.  She left the theme up to me, but she did tell me that he liked mini cars.  Now what goes best when it comes to minis, Britain and the Union Jack, so the colours are red, white and blue.

The digital stamp is called Mini Cooper from Doctor Digi House Of Stamps and I have coloured it using ProMarkers.


I have started with a square piece of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Embossalicious Beautiful Bunting embossing folder from Crafters Companion.  Next, I have added colour around the edges of the embossing using the Memento Dew Drop Paris Dusk ink pad and layered this onto red card stock leaving a small border around the edge.

Using my Cameo Silhouette and a cutting file from the Silhouette store, I have cut out a Union Jack and layered this onto the background.  Then again, using my Cameo and another cutting file from Silhouette, I have cut out a banner from blue card.


The border at the base of the Union Jack has been made using the Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Triple Scallop die.  Next, from my computer, I have printed out Happy Birthday Ricky and placed this across the card and added two red buttons to each end.


The digital stamp has been layered onto the same red card stock and placed into the centre of the background and to finish, I have printed out a 21st sentiment and placed this in the corner of the card.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Delightful Challenges - Red, White And Blue
Sassy Studio Designs - Colour It Patriotic
Wags n Whiskers Stamps - One For The Boys
Card Mania - Clean And Simple
Crafts 4 Eternity - Best Of British
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Embossing
Sketch Saturday - Sketch
QKR Stampede - Clean And Simple
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Ditzie Digi Design - Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Just B Creative Crazy - Just Because
Scrapbook Blessings Club - Anything Goes
Created With Love Challenges - Lots Of Layers
Hiding In My Craft Room - Let's Hear It For The Boy
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Lots Of Layers
Eureka Stamps - Masculine
Paper Pretties - Masculine Cards
The Paper Shelter - Make It Manly
Simply Create Too - For A Male
Digi Design Challenge Blog - Make It Masculine
My Sheri Crafts - Anything Masculine

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment