Friday 13 June 2014

Baby Boy

Good evening all

It has been a bit of a funny couple of days, I started this card yesterday but can't seem to get my crafting mojo going.  It has taken all of last night and most of today to finish and I'm still not that happy with it.

It is a Baby Boy Congratulation card ready for when my friend has her baby.  The digital image is from Mo's Digital Pencil and it has been coloured using ProMarkers.


I have started with a square piece of white card stock which has been embossed using the Die'sire Embossalicious Button Box embossing folder from Crafters Companion.  To this I have added colour around the edges using the Memento Dew Drop Bahama Blue ink pad and layered it onto blue Centura Pearl card.

Next, I have used the Spellbinders D-Lites Decorative Wrought Iron die to cut out from blue Centura Pearl, three panels to go across the background.  I have then threaded white satin ribbon from each panel and layered onto the background.


I have layered the digital image onto blue Centura Pearl, rounded the edges and then placed into the middle of the background at an angle.

Using the same ribbon, I have made bow and glued this to the top left hand corner.  Next, using my Cameo Silhouette and a cutting file from the Silhouette store, I have cut the sentiment "Baby Boy" from white card and a circle from white card backed with a double sided adhesive sheet.  These have been layered together and I have added blue glitter.


Again, using my Cameo and another file from the Silhouette store, I have cut out two baby safety pins from white card backed with double sided adhesive.  I have covered the top of the pins with blue glitter and the bottom with white glitter.


To finish, I have added blue pearls around the edge of the background using the Cosmic Shimmer Summer Blue PVA glue.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss - Embossing
Desert Islands Crafts Challenge - Itinerary (2. No Flowers, 3. Monotone, 8. Emboss It, 9. Use Ribbon)
Creative Moments - Anything Goes / Monochromatic
Scrapper's Delights Challenge Blog - Anything Goes / Layer It Up
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog - White And One Other Colour

That's all for now.

Teresa
x


No comments:

Post a Comment